Carmel in the World
Carmel in the World is a magazine for the Carmelite family, and is about Carmel's approach to living the Gospel. It is published twice a year (from 2015) by the Institutum Carmelitanum, Rome, and is sponsored by the English-speaking provinces of the Carmelite Order, each volume containing about 200 pages (ISSN: 0394-7742). The magazine focuses on Carmelite spirituality for laity and includes articles about Mary, about the spiritual life, about theological and pastoral topics, and about Carmelite saints and heroes.
It may be ordered from any of the following:
- 'Lay Carmelites', Mr Berend Bekema, 5 Franklyn Street, Corio, VIC 3214, Australia. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Edizioni Carmelitane, Via Sforza Pallavicini, 10, 00193 Roma, Italy. (Which has its own website).
- Carmel in the World, Terenure College, Dublin 6W, Ireland.
- In the US & Canada: Lay Carmelite Office, 8501 Bailey Road, Darien, IL 60561-8417, U.S.A.
The subscription is US $15.00 or UK STG£9.50 or 11.00Euro or Aus$20.00 per year. Single back issues are available on request only from Edizioni Carmelitane.
A Subscription Order Form is available here - please print and post with payment.
As each new edition is produced an article from the edition along with the table of contents will appear in this website.
- 2011. Volume L, Number 3 - Fiftieth Year
- 2011. Volume L, Number 2 - Fiftieth Year
- 2011. Volume L, Number 1 - Fiftieth Year
- 2004. Volume XLIII, Number 2
- 2004. Volume XLIII, Number 1
Carmel in the World Paperbacks
From time to time Edizioni Carmelitane also produces paperback books which are available to subscribers.
Further information can be found at the Edizioni Carmelitane website.